Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My baby shower....yeah!



After much excited anticipation and patiently waiting, the day of my baby shower finally arrived! I had made myself hold off on buying (well, for the most part) until after my baby shower so I could see what I got as gifts first. This was one reason for my excitement--I could go spend some money afterward! But of course, other reasons included seeing my friends, but most importantly for those of you who know me, it was for the PRESENTS! j/k...that really wasn't the most important. I do love opening gifts, though, a fact my family reminds me of every Christmas and birthday. Hey, who doesn't? :-)


My sisters threw the shower for me: Missy, who flew out from Virginia, Shaanti, who hosted it at her beautiful house, and Kim (Casey's wife) who happened to be in town for a friends wedding. They had planned for an outside party, hoping the weather would cooperate, seeing that it had been kinda fishy the last few days. Well, about 1 1/2 hrs before the party was to start, the downpour of the year came on and doused the tables and chairs they had set up. So, with towels to wipe up the water, they moved it inside, and created a beautiful atmosphere inside for the shower, decorated with flowers and absolutely yummy food. I had tons of friends and family show up for the shower to shower Troy and I with love and support...and of course, gifts. I had fun seeing friends from college, from work, from growing up, and of course family. The party was a smash hit, and I am still hearing about how it was one of the best showers they have every been to. Thanks for such a beautiful and fun gift girls! It couldn't have been any better! So, since I didn't have a camera in hand, here are some pictures I stole from Shaant's blog...

1 comment:

Amanda Gingerich said...

The balloon is trying to steal Missy's thunder!! It was a wonderful shower, and I had lots of fun looking at all the gifts. (I was very attentive, you know :))