Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The dreaded return of the working life...


As my title alludes to, I am returning to work this week...tonight to be precise. Actually, I was supposed to return for my first day back last night, but was called off to be available instead. Kinda a nice surprise and a nice chance to get to spend one last whole day with the fam. Besides, I had no idea how I was going to make it through that night. Didn't exactly get a nap or sleeping in under my belt. It would have been zombieland for me...probably still will, but at least I'll be a little bit more prepared. The tears have not hit yet. Maybe they won't. With Troy, the tears didn't hit until I was on my way to work...it was worse though, after Chad brought him in for me to feed, and then left again...that was harder than leaving home. Even though there are no tears, there is still that yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach...maybe butterflies...or maybe I'd call them more moths, as butterflies are a more happy-nervous thing, whereas I would consider moths being an unhappy, yucky-nervous thing. I'm not happy to have to go back. I hate moths! I've been praying that things go well for me at work, and that they go well for Chad on his first night alone with both boys. That they don't test his patience too much, and that Cooper cooperates and takes his bottle easily. :-) I know all three will be fine. Hard not to worry, though. I know God tells us not to worry, but instead pray, and He'll give us peace in place of our worries. So that's what I've been doing. It's kinda a continuous thing, though, as I think worrying about one's kids comes natural for moms. :-) Chad is a wonderful dad, though, and he'll do great.


Well, as Chad is at the gym blowing off some steam from Troy's mega-fit he threw the whole time we were in the car this afternoon running errands, I got my 20-minute workout video and a shower in, and I'm upstairs "relaxing" while the boys spend their naptimes crying (the usual). I have to tell you about Troy's fit. Ever since he has gotten to help "drive" the car down dirt driveways (like to my parent's cabin), he tries to climb in the front seat and repeats "drive, drive" over and over again. When we tell him he has to ride in his seat like the rest of us, he screams "drive, drive, drive. Binki, blanket, bear." Oh, it's so fun! We're in the process of re-weaning him from his triple-B's to bedtime and naptime only. It's been challenging. Oh, and I have to mention how when we were at Costco, he saw the ski-boat they had on display there and did the same thing, though this time crying "ride, ride, ride". Kinda funny, but mostly not. Well, we're working on getting through this phase, too. He's turning 2 this Friday and so this must be a prelude to what we have in store. Deep breath. We love our boys and are enjoying them daily.




7 comments:

joy said...

LOL!! LOve the picture of Cooper. That hair is amazing.
:sigh: Oh, I understand what you are going through...and I know it's not easy. Hang in there, for before you know it, Troy will be entering Kinder and Cooper won't be far behind. And you'll go places and not have to worry about fits. and that alone- is such a weight off....Been thinking about you and how you are doing....miss ya!

Howells Fam said...

Good luck returning to work, I feel for you because I'm already dreading it! Hopefully all goes well for you guys!

Shelli Bunn-Petterson said...

I'll be thinking of you Jen. Steen and I are in the process of figuring out how we are going to work our FMLA after Jayden comes and I HATE the idea of going back to work when she is just a few months old. I'd love to get together sometime to catch up and see your boys again. They are too cute.
*Oh, if you haven't seen it, rent "One Night With The King". It is a great feel good movie.

Meet the Bucher's said...

It's a good thing that God gives a mother an extremely deep love for her kids because there are definitely trying times! You have great boys and are a great mom. Hope work went well and we'll see you Friday!

Missy Small said...

At least you've got Troy doing the vacuuming for you! :) You are such a good mom, and I can't wait to see your boys in a week and a half. I love you lots!

Melanie said...

How did work go for you Jenny. We have been praying that the transition goes well and that you will still find lots of time to spend with your boys and hubby. I hope all is well and that you are adjusting to the change. And I keep pryaing that you get to work days sometimes soon.

Melissa said...

Such cute little things!! I am nervous to go back to work, too. I know it's still a good 3 months away, but I'm worried that Christian will be super stressed out with both of them. He is sooo good with them, but I still worry. I will be praying for you. How did the first night back go?