Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ergonomic crap!

Ok, so the title should tell you my mood right now. I'm at work and am sitting in one of the world's most uncomfortable chairs. They are those "ergonomic chairs" that are supposedly supposed to help with posture (or something). Instead, they make my back hurt...really hurt. I go home every night from work with a back ache from these stupid chairs. How horrible is that? You'd think that anything ergonomic, including a chair, would help decrease the possiblity of pain. Maybe it's because people don't naturally want to sit straight up and down while being slightly pushed forward. The other crazy thing is that these chairs are spendy! Chad and I found an office chair at Costco (we were in desperate need) and they had these chairs there. We bought a nice high-back, leather chair for less than $100. Guess how much the ergonomic chairs were that they had (which happened to be an exact replica of these lame work chairs)? Almost $150! Why would anyone want to pay more for a backache? Apparently hospitals. Ugh. Guess I'll get up and walk around...maybe that's the point--motivation to NOT sit down and rest. Sigh. Back to work...

1 comment:

Howells Fam said...

Ha ha! I'm laughing because I know exactly what you mean - I hate those chairs too! Don't you wish they'd given us all a $50 bonus instead of buying those stupid things?