Saturday, September 27, 2008

Back to the grind

I guess maternity leave can't last forever for all. I had my first day back to work Tuesday this week, and am doing my second day today (sat). Leaving Troy for the first time for my 12 hour night shift was so hard. Thankfully, Chad brought him in for me to see my baby and feed him for his late night feeding. Sending them home was almost harder than leaving him to come to work. I knew Chad would do an excellent job taking care of him, and that it is good for them to have some Daddy-son time, but it's hard for me to be away from my baby for so long. Chad called me late Tuesday night with Troy screaming in the background (shouldn't he be sleeping?), saying he had a rough night and was unhappy all night. We both decided that he missed his mommy just way too much. Tonight I get to see him again. Chad said he thinks Troy needs to come in and see his mommy again, and since work is pretty slow with not much going on, I'm all for it! I hate being back at work, since my dream job has always been my mom's job (a stay at home mom), but since I know I need to help Chad bring in the bacon, I'm just wanting to get used to it and have this become the new norm.

3 comments:

joy said...

It'll get easier. It's always tough in the beginning. It will be good (like you said) for Chad to have some time with just him. It will be great for their bond as well.
I'm praying for you guys. This is always a tough transition.

Melissa said...

Ohh I had the worst time on my first day back. Noah laughed for the first time, pretty much the minute I left for work. It will get easier. It is a blessing that Chad is staying with him!

Howells Fam said...

Oh Jenny - I'm feeling for you. I'm about to leave to go on my maternity leave, and I'm already thinking about how sad it will be to leave Carlee! I'm so SORRY!