Last week one of my co-workers had asked me if we had taken Troy to sit on Santa's lap yet. I couldn't believe I had forgotten about that! I know Santa is just a small tradition of Christmas in comparison to the true meaning of our Savior's birth, but still a tradition. So, I told Chad that as soon as we had the time, we needed to take him to see Santa. That happened to be Christmas Eve. As we expected, the line to the ol' guy's lap was long, but the 30 minute wait was worth the adorable pictures we got. Troy loves pulling hair, and when he gets a handful, he really pulls (as my mom and I definitely know). So first thing he did when he got plopped on Santa's lap was grab a big handful of his real beard; Chad comments about the twinge on the old guy's face as he tried to pry his beard out of Troy's chubby little hand. The pictures are great!
Another big part of our Eve was great anticipation of our new niece's arrival. Chad's sister, Nicki, was due on Christmas Eve, and ended up having to be induced that morning. As the day turned to night, we were listening for a text on our phones announcing her arrival.
5 comments:
So cute! We were planning on going to see Santa last week but that didn't happen! We'll have to do it next year:-)
Holy cow, he is adorable! I mean, the screaming child on Santa's lap is a classic, but this is MUCH better!
Woah--what a real looking Santa! We missed out on Santa this year. :( I feel bad, but I don't think Noah really knows what he is yet, anyway. Next year, for sure!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Alison and I were like-what? He is smiling? I mean, all of us were screaming like crazy with Santa! (Maybe because OUR parents constantly told us he wasn't real, haha) I think the real smiles came because of his accomplishment of pulling the poor guy's beard. I absolutely love his smiles-soo cute.
Um, little Troy looks SO much like you, Jenny! Have you compared your baby smiles to his?
Post a Comment