Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas, then Thanksgiving



The Johnson family rotates the holidays and who we celebrate them with every year. Even years we spend Thanksgiving with the in-laws and Christmas with the Johnsons. This year, my mom instituted what could be a new addition to this tradition: we celebrated Christmas at Thanksgiving. We figured since everyone would be in town, it would be a great time to exchange gifts with each other and have our own "Christmas in November". It was great! Christmas twice?... who could ask for more?!! We had crepes for our holiday breakfast, then openned gifts. Around 3pm we ate our yummy Thanksgiving meal with a delectable turkey my dad smoked on the Trager. That evening, everyone went to the Boise Rescue Mission to serve Thanksgiving dinner to those less fortunate; well, everyone except me, Chad and Troy. I had to work, and since Troy hates bottles, Chad had to bring him in for me to feed him. Everyone else said that the evening was fun and fulfilling, and I'm hoping that sometime we will be able to participate in this activity.
Here's a picture of us at the end of our progressive dinner Friday night. We went to Grandpa's for soup, our house for Snow on the Mountain, and Adam and Shaanti's for dessert, where we got to enjoy warmth by their new firepit.

1 comment:

Amanda Gingerich said...

Wait..is snow on the mountain also haystacks?? I must know. I love all of your family's food traditions :)