Ok, so I've got some projects I've been working on. Last month the girls from our Bible Study got together and did a craft night. We made planters our of empty paint cans, then put hooks on a board, put the board on the fence, and hung the cans on the hooks. I planted purple flowers in mine (my fave color!), and now am just babying them until they come up and bloom! Can't wait!
My second and biggest project is a garden. After much debate, Chad finally agreed to help me prep for a garden. He pretty much did it all, actually. Gotta give credit where credit is due. I picked where I wanted it and measured it out, then he cut and pulled the sod off, rodatilled it, and, with my help, made a boarder from wood to keep grass out and make it look nicer. I have the garden soil, composte, and thanks to my dad's cows, lots and lots of manure fertilizer. Today I joined the heat and hoed up the manure into the soil, and made my rows! I think tomorrow I'll plant my lettuce; after the last frost, in go my other veges!
Troy had fun watching the fun. He helped throw some dirt around, too.
3 comments:
Very nice! Your garden plot looks great, you're way ahead of me! I love the new title pic on your blog too, Troy is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!
your garden looks awesome! can't wait to hear how it's going!
wow! Impressive! I would LOVE to have a garden but I have yet to find a spot in my yard (other than smack in the middle) that is sunny enough. I MUST see that child soon! I was going to see if you and Troy want to come over on Sat. night, May 2nd. (jer will be at Poker) Jodi and the boys could come and the kids could entertain each other. I'll email you....
Post a Comment