As the post title states, I have been pleased to say that I have a fruitful garden. Well, fruitful at this point might be too abundant of a word, but it's green. It's been fun to watch all the vegetables grow. When I planted it, I made a small diagram on a piece of paper showing where I planted everything and when, according to seed packets, I should be able to harvest everything. Well, my first batch of lettuce is really coming in nicely, and I should be able to harvest it the middle of this month! I've had some nibbles in my lettuce leaves, though, which has been very annoying. Stupid bugs! The end of this month my summer squash should be ready for harvest. What I'm excited about are my tomatoes. I have a nice cherry tomato plant going in my garden and I LOVE cherry tomatoes, so I can't wait to be able to step out in my back yard, pop a tomie off the vine and enjoy its sweet juiciness as the seeds squirt out of my mouth when I bite down on it. Yummm! So, here's a picture of my bloomin garden.
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
2 comments:
your garden looks fabulous! Have you eaten any of that rhubarb yet? I'm jealous--mine is such a small, spindly little thing!
Awesome!! I go out and look at my squash plant every day and admire it. :) We're getting old!! And I have 8 tomato plants in the backyard. yes, 8. We'll be eating tomatoes all day long, which doesn't bother me. Oh, I love them. But I could never eat them like an apple like somebody weird I know... :)
Post a Comment