Thursday, July 2, 2009

I can't believe our little guy is 1 already!

Troy's first birthday came so quickly. So many of my friends at work were taken back when I said he had his first birthday last week. "Already?", they kept asking. I know, I thought, I can't believe its been a year since Troy was born. Its funny how babies grow so fast, that looking back, I almost can't even remember him being that tiny. We had a fun party last Thursday, with family and friends. We hosted a big hotdog BBQ complete with cupcakes and ice cream. Troy enjoyed a meal of hotdog pieces, watermelon, baked beans, and bread for dinner. OH, and we can't forget about the introduction to whole cow's milk, which he gagged on (and, by the way, which he continues to gag on every time he takes a sip. I swear, when it comes to feeding this child, he's not gonna make anything easy for me!). I made a round cake gobbed with frosting. He looked at it with an inspecting eye for a few seconds before dipping his fingers into the frosting. He slowly put those sticky fingers into his mouth. It didn't take long for his cute little hands to dig into the cake, and for his face to almost have more cake on it than was in his tummy. We then opened gifts, which Troy really showed little interest in. The balloons we used to decorate were the most interesting thing about the whole party. In fact, the 3 balloons that are still inflated a week later continue to hold most of his interest. :-) Troy's cousin, Cole, helped me open his gifts since he wasn't doing much paper pulling himself. Cole was just as excited to see what Troy had gotten as.....well, as I was! Chad and I got Troy a Power Wheels Quad for his birthday and he's getting pretty good at riding it. Troy also got a couple blow-up swimming pools, a tee-ball set, some books, some cute clothes, a big soft truck that makes and engine noise, and, one of my favorites, a toy organizing shelf...yeah, no more toys ALL over the floor ALL the time! (Thanks Papa and Granny!) Here are some pics of the big day:









2 comments:

Meet the Bucher's said...

Love him! He's such a big boy now. Sorry Cole tried to open all his birthday presents, thanks for not trying to ring his neck:-) If it's any consolation, I doubt Mason will get to open a single present on his 1st birthday!

Rece said...

I think he eats cake a little bit like his mommy. Nice and messy!