Last weekend Shaanti and I went to the Williamson Orchards in Marsing. We bought apples and peaches. I only bought a box of each, but Shaant bought 3 whole boxes of apples and a box of peaches. Seeing that this would be my first year to do anything with freezing/canning fruit, I figured I'd start small...something I could handle. So, those boxes sat in the garage for a whole week until finally today I mustered the motivation to get things taken care of...and the fact that the peaches were smelling awfully ripe helped motivate me! After borrowing Shaanti's apple peeler/slicer/corer I set to work. I made six 4-cup containers of applesauce. Shaanti had mashed her apples for applesauce, Missy had used a food mill to make hers extra smooth...well, I used a friend's method...I blended my applesauce, and boy did it turn out yummy! A little bit of cinnamon blend mixed in and viola!...applesauce! I also made 5 containers of apple pie filling using a recipe I got off the internet. I now am ready to make 5 apple pies! The first one will be my first apple pie ever! I've become quite the Martha this weekend! Can't wait to eat what has been made. :-)
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
6 comments:
that looks heavenly!!! it looks fun, too! do you want to do some more with me?? :) :) i love your new picture of troy, he looks absolutely adorable...love that little guy :) talk to you soon
Mmmmm...send some apple pies over my way! Those are my favorite!
Wasn't it all worth it just to have the smell in your house!?! Hope your apple pies are yummy, the one I made last week is long gone!
Good for you! Can you give me the recipe for applesauce? Just remember to use BUTTER for your pie crusts---SAY NO TO CRISCO!!
I want to be a "martha" someday. Im still trying to gather the motivation though. May take a few more years.
Jen- Steen and I love the picture of Troy. :) Steen says that he misses your son. We need to have you guys over for dinner soon. What nights are you available during the week?
Post a Comment