So, I know I haven't blogged in about a month and obviously lots has happened since...considering it was Christmas! :-) Christmas was all I had hoped it would be. After spending all month looking forward to it, the week of Christmas finally came. All month I kept thinking "can't we just go up to McCall now?" Jason and Missy, and Casey and Kim made it to my parents the Sunday before. That next evening, we had our annual "Idaho Gang Christmas" where we had yummy snacks and did a fun mug/gift exchange we do every year. Kim planned her gift well, apparently intending it for me, which was Season 2 of The Gilmore Girls (the only season I didn't have), and I did in face end up with it! I walked away happy. I worked Tuesday, then Wednesday morning we headed up to the cabin in caravan with the others. Chad thankfullly was able to get the week of Christmas off, so we were able to spend almost a whole week up at the cabin with everyone else. We had an awesome time. Our annual Christmas Eve seafood feast was delicious and our introduction to our coconut shrimp was the hit of the evening (if I do say so myself). We had fun openning gifts Christmas morning, and by the loads, we were all very good this year! Most of all, though, we had a great time hanging out with each other. There was lots of time dedicated to Guitar Hero; for myself, it was fun to get back into it and do some co-op jamming with everyone else. Most importantly, though, for our family, its remembering every day the true meaning of Christmas, and thanking God for sending Jesus to be born as a baby, then dying on the cross so that we can all spend eternity with Him in Heaven.
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
1 comment:
The picture of Troy and Casey Wii-ing is classic. Love it.
Post a Comment