...yet, anyway. It may seem so seeing I haven't posted anything in a month and a half. Guess that's what happens when you add a second child to the household. Not that I'm trying to make excuses...lots of you out there have 2+ kids. Just getting the time where I want to sit down and blog is few and far between. Troy doesn't take naps since we stopped putting him to sleep (which gives him an hour earlier bed time!), and Cooper's naps are hit and miss. Once Troy goes down for the night, Cooper is up and fussy for the next couple hours. By the time he's asleep...I'm ready to join and go to sleep myself. Ahhh. Kids. Really, Cooper is a good baby. He's adorable and is starting to smile and coo lots, which is fun. Troy is getting more and more adjusted to his little brother. Last night he wanted to pick Coop up, so I sat him down beside me and helped him hold him. Troy is saying more and more. He repeats almost everything he hears, and is stringing more and more words together. We've had a challenge with him lately, though. He's always picked up on every bug he comes in contact with, which is so annoying. Well, he got a cold last month which turned in to pharyngitis (it looked like text-book strep but swabbed neg for strep). So, we got him on antibiotics which cleared it up. About 2 weeks later he got my cold, and, low and behold, ended up with pharyngitis again! Another treatment of antibiotics. Needless to say, during these sick days he's a bear to be around (for good reason), but it makes the challenge even harder. This last doc appt, our pediatrician said if he gets a third bout of this pharyngitis close after healing from the second, our next step is surgery to take out his tonsils and adenoids. I hate the thought of having him have surgery; at the same time, if it means he'll be a healthier guy in the long run, it'd be the better option. We're praying he won't have to have it...praying he won't get this again. Time will tell.
Pictures will follow!
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
1 comment:
Such precious pictures Jen! I can't wait to meet little Cooper!! He is sooo adorable :) I feel your pain with the sickness thing. Noah is pretty much two weeks healthy, then two weeks sick. That's the cycle. It really sucks. He's sick alllll the time :( Hang in there!
Post a Comment