Wednesday morning, June 25 at 8:18am, Troy Dylan McAfee made his grand entrance into our lives! After a long 2 days (and an especially hard night) of contractions, I went into the hospital and Troy was born about 3 hours later. He weighed in at 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long. He came out with a full head of hair, not unlike myself at that age. He's such an adorable baby and was a hit with all the nurses at the hospital. Everyone couldn't wait to see his hair! The whole thing was a bit surreal; we couldn't believe that this was our baby that we had waited 10 long months for. It's been such an amazing experience s
o far. I never knew I could have such an immediately intense love for someone. Everytime I look at him and think how much I love him, tears hit my eyes. It's the coolest thing. Chad loves being a dad and is doing an amazing job with him. He changes diapers and gives him baths, and when I can't calm Troy down, I know Chad will be able to. I'm so blessed with such a wonderful husband and father for our child, and with such a wonderful, amazing baby boy.
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
5 comments:
I am in LOVE with him. And SO glad you posted. :) I checked your blog when I logged on, then I thought, eh, better check it one last time before I log off. Score!
He is SOOOOOO cute! I love those pictures of him! Keep up the blogging! Can't wait for this weekend to see him (and you guys) a ton!!!
Oh. my.word. He is beautiful. Look at all that hair. I can't wait to meet him. How's it all been going? Keep us posted on the blog. I'll call you soon when I figure things have settled down. How's the sleep deprivation?
He is so gorgeous! I just love the little guy...He looks so peaceful in the first picture, I'm sure he like that all the time, right? :) I loved your description of your "instant love"..being a mom must be amazing! Congratulations, you two!
Congratulations!!! He is so sweet. We will pray that you will get some sleep and that you will enjoy your new little Troy.
Post a Comment