We've spent a couple weekends in McCall since Troy has arrived. It's been such a nice chance to get away and enjoy the mountains/cabin. The Johnson family went up for the 4th of July and we had lots of fun hanging out. We did hotdog roasts, movies, Rhino rides, and flyfishing. My mom was wonderful and offered to watch Troy for a couple hours while Chad and I joined the others for a fly fishing outing. It had literally been a couple years since I had fly fished. You could tell. Took me a little bit to get the hang of it again, but after lightly hooking my hand once and snagging grass behind me tons, I had a few bites on the fly. Unfortunately, none hooked a fish, but I'm thinking its cuz the fish were to small anyway. :-) Really, though, it's as my dad always says, fishing is more about getting out there and enjoying the sport itself, not whether you catch anything or not (although catching definitely makes it more fun).
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment