Last Sunday we dedicated Cooper at church. This is an important thing for us as parents. We recognize that God has gifted us with this amazing baby boy, and has entrusted him to us for this short while on earth. We are entrusted to love him, provide for him, protect him, believe in him, guide him, and teach him. Ultimately, though, Cooper is God's. God has a plan for this baby. The Message interpretation of the Bible tells us best in Jeremiah 29:11: "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you home for." Every day I pray that God will help us to raise our kids to know Him, love Him, and follow Him their whole lives. I'm daunted by this responsibility, yet as I just now read on in Jeremiah 29 to verse 12, I'm promised this: "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen." What a reassurance that every time I pray for my kids and for wisdom for Chad and I in parenting them, He is listening...always.
Thank you, Lord, for this amazing baby boy. He's such a gift. His smiles make me so happy. You out-did Yourself when You created him! He's so happy and full of smiles and laughter; he loves his big brother, loves his Daddy, and adores his Mommy. :-) We live a life truly blessed, and I'm so thankful for it.
2 comments:
So awesome! What a sweet baby boy!
We are so thankful for our grandsons and so proud of you as parents. We love you!
Post a Comment