I just have to say today how blessed I am to have such a wonderful little boy and a fabulous, loving husband. I put Troy down for a nap at least an hour ago, but instead of sleeping, he's been talking to himself, going through his collection of all the different noises he's so far learned how to make. No doubt he's also rolling around in his crib as well. He's tired, no doubt about that, but sleep when you're tired? That just isn't much of an option for him anymore...at least for his morning nap. I'm sitting here listening to him on the monitor, though, thinking how this is so much better to listen to than crying. Plus, I love his little noises.
Chad is sleeping downstairs after picking up a shift of overtime last night. My work has been super slow (people just not havin' many babies lately), and so I have been called off both of my shifts this week. We have been blessed that Chad is working in the area of Micron that he does, and unlike the Fabs groups that are practically closing down all together, his group is needing extra help. His boss got overtime approved, so Chad went in to make up for the money I couldn't make last night. What a guy! And he's planning to go in early most of his days this week to pitch in at work and help "clean things up" there, and bring in the extra dough we've been missing out on since my work is so slow. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He's perfect for me, and I love him so so much.
So I sit here listening to the random thunder, liking that it's rainy today, and thinking how God has been so good to me. I'm so thankful for the family He's blessed me with, my good health, a job that won't do lay-offs, great fun, supportive friends, a house, cars that run, and a love for life. I want to live my life for Christ and be an example of who He is to everyone I come in contact, but especially my family. I pray that I can be the loving parent God wants me to be, and to raise Troy (and any other kids we may have) to learn to live life for God, striving to know and love Him more each day. And I pray that I can be the loving and respectful wife that God calls me to be, lifting Chad up and supporting him every day.
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
3 comments:
I agree so much. I am so blessed too for so many reasons. By the way, don't you just love hearing them talk?
and I am so, so blessed that you are my little sister, that I get such a fabulous brother-in law in Chad, and that I get to be a part of Troy's life. Love you!
Your post was a great reminder and even an encouragement to me, Jenny. Thank you so much for writing about your blessings. I think I need to spend more time thanking God for what he has given me.
Post a Comment