In a time of 2 weeks, Troy has gone from not crawling at all, to being pretty dang good at it...and to figuring out how to pull himself up holding onto something. It's amazing how fast babies learn new things! So now the constant supervision comes into play. We had baby-proofed the house as much as we needed for the time, but now I'm thinkin' we'll need to take Troy's pediatrician's advice and get on hands and knees to REALLY baby-proof. Gotta start keeping doors closed and the floor vacuumed. Oh, and grow those eyes for the back of my head! :-) For the last couple days, Chad and I have been talking about how we need to lower Troy's crib. Well, when I went into his room to check on him after laying him down for a nap, I came in to Troy standing up in his crib. Luckily he was holding onto the back and not the front. If it had been the other way, he could have very well plunged head-first out of his crib. Needless to say, Chad and I got to work then and there and lowered the crib! With wobbly balance, our little guy also isn't very steady once he does pull himself up to standing. He got his first big bonks this evening...in fact, I think he got 3 in about a 15 minute time period. Poor little guy. He had quite a goose egg on the forehead. Kinda reminded me of my nephew, Cole, once he started walking...always had a goose egg! Anyway, we're happy to have a little guy who can get places now, even though it means watching him all the time. Even more, though, Troy loves it. He can't get enough of his new freedom.
The Return of the Jedi...
12 years ago
4 comments:
Yaayy! Such an exciting time! Get used to grandmas asking, "What happened here???" as they point to a bump. It always makes me feel terrible. Noah ALWAYS has a bruise somewhere on his head from bonking it on something. It's inevitiable.
Troy is so precious!
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HE IS OLD ENOUGH TO CRAWL ALREADY! Time goes by so quickly.
Yeah, my boys always had at least 2-3 bumps at one time, and usually somewhere visible on their head. Now, their legs seem to be covered in them. Kids are so resilant!
I need to have you guys over soon! Miss ya!
That's exciting! I can't believe he's crawling already!
Can't wait to see him crawl! If you have any baby weight left (doesn't look like it:-), chasing him around should take care of it! What a cutie pie!
Post a Comment