Saturday, July 24, 2010

A chance to catch up


I had the chance to get together with a really good friend of mine who I haven't seen in about a year and a half. Heidi and I were great friends growing up. We met in 3rd grade and went to school together all the way through highschool. We played volleyball together in middle school and throughout highschool, and were always really close. We kind of lost connection to each other during college, though we did get together a couple times during those four years. I hadn't seen Heidi since my sophomore year at NNU until she called me over Christmas break 2008. We have tried to keep in better contact through letters, though that was the last time I saw her before this week. She has a little girl, Lily, who is almost 2 1/2 years old. Heidi and Lily have been staying with her mom in Meridian while her husband, Trent, as been doing his ROTC for the air force with the ultimate goal of becoming a JAG. Heidi and Lily came over Thursday morning to play with Troy, Coop and myself. We spent most of the time outside while the kids played on the slide and in the water. It was so great to catch up and hear how she's been doing, as well as see her daughter again. I'm hoping to be able to do better at keeping in contact through email, letters or by phone. Heidi, I'll try! :-) Here's some pictures I took:

I think she thought the water table was a pool... :-)

Troy just chilling, doing his own thing

Lily...what a cutie!


Heidi and I with our kids! (Her second is hidden behind Lily, due Sept)

1 comment:

Howells Fam said...

How fun to catch up with friends! You look so tan - I wish I could say the same for myself... I can't wait to see you when I come back from maternity leave!